Monday, June 30, 2008

picture perfect

one of the side-effects of visiting a town like cannes is that your inferiority complex resurfaces. and remains. beautiful faces, perfect figures, fashionable dresses, shoes and accessories. even beautiful dogs yar. it seemes God had hand-picked people and the people had hand-picked their clothes. everything was beautiful. the bus driver was a looker. the workers dismantling a stage after a party were good-looking. a look at their bare backs, burnt bronze by the sun and sculpted by workout, left me gaping. i sat at the bus stop for an hour just looking at everyone passing by. from the kids skating away to the grandmother on a walk, it seemed they had walked out of a catalogue.
what decides how good you will look? genes dont. among siblings you will find beauty and the beast. what is that one factor which makes god say, she will be born beautiful. this is one code that i want to crack.
beautiful people have so much advantage. for one, they can wear whatever they feel like. since you cannot take your eyes off their face, you will not lok at their clothes. unless you are vidya balan. so whatever they wear seems to be in fashion. as a kid growing up in patna, my cousin visiting from pune would bring along with her the latest fashion trends. and they would stay put until her next visit. i do not have to mention how beautiful she was.
i wont be cruel to myself. two men have always complemented me on my beauty. one is my dad. and the other is vikas. that too when he is egged on by alcohol.

9 comments:

vimsical said...

Hahahaha....I so identify with that. Don't know if it's genes or what. Some 5 years back when my first copy writer saw my two elder brothers, he very sponteneously spurted ...'your brothers are good looking and tall, how come you look like this??

Needless to say, your writing is so effortless and crisp and makes a great reading, Exactly the way i aspire to be able to write one day.

machu.picchu said...

i really want to know wht being good looking feels like. must be suffocating when everyone is lloking at u.
u would know how it feels. that makes it three.

starrynight said...

to machupicchu: c'mon, you dont have to be that couteous. by the way, i dont know whether i told you this or not, but during this trip i discovered a gold mine: my best photographs are the ones where just half or 1/4th of my face features in the frame.....

machu.picchu said...

that's a pretty 1/4th notion u hav. it's tantamoun to putting quarter the effort.

divya said...

Dam! I know what you mean. Blessed with a younger sis who's a stunner. My plain speakin mom recently confessed she was worried I'd never find a match myself (u know why) And my sis can wait till 30 coz there's this big que outside her door.

PS: You have great hair and eyes. Any man wld fall for them

starrynight said...

to divya: i have seen your sister, i think it's the other way round.

starrynight said...

to divya: welcome to the mutual admiration society

Overthinker said...

Being on the opposite side of all the good looking people in this world, I can understand your complex.Coz I suffer from the same illness.

Echoing what vimal has to say. Wish I could write like you.

Musings said...

Being on the other side of beauty I never felt once that I missed..probably my definition of beauty surfaced out of generous hearts & brilliant minds!
On a serious note,how I envy your skills of interpreting thoughts with such ease & finesse...once again beauty in one of its best forms!