Wednesday, January 23, 2008

FEEL

Try and pause. Give yourself some time. Understand how you are feeling. What’s it that’s gnawing you. Try and pinpoint your feeling. When I was on my way to sit for the Maths paper of my 12th board exams, I tried to figure out what I was feeling like. Anxious? Nervous? Frightened? Surprisingly, I was totally blank. One of my teachers had earlier mentioned in class that it’s totally in-place to feel nervous. Because it shows that you have prepared for the exam and are eager to do well. His words were meant to soothe a student’s nerves. In my case, it did the opposite. Because, now the thoughts running in my mind was, have I not prepared well.
Some where I had read that when you are really frightened you should feel the fear and go for it. FEEL THE FEAR AND GO FOR IT. I really find it helpful when I have to walk into my boss’ room with my resignation letter.

1 comment:

machu.picchu said...

that should come in handy, sometime. But that's so true. you are the one resigning, but u still feel a pang of guilt about it. as if u hav broken a promise by quitting, before being kicked out.