Wednesday, February 6, 2008

home calling

if it runs in your blood, how long can you not belong to it. you leave home, parents, customs and rituals. thinking, it's not your way of life. but i guess i am being hit by the pre-pre-mid-age crisis. with each passing day i feel, i don't belong to delhi. why else do i call up home and ask is it raining there? yahan toh baarish hi nahi ho rahi...... aam hua hai? haan? dher sara? why do i keep remembering my childhood spent in patna? i had given up hope on Patna, but after all these years why do i feel that i need my hometown more than my hometown needs me? is confusion re-visiting me after the college years? is it really in my blood or just in my mind?

1 comment:

cipher said...

main jab jab asansol jata hun, i feel bad. lagta hai kitna ganda sahar hai ye. tarakki hi nahi hua kuchh. jo jahan tha waisa hi hai. jo badlav hua woh mujhe pasand nahi ata hai. i feel to run back to delhi. when i'm here, i feel, udhar barish ho raha hai, garmi kitna hai, book fair shuru ho gay kya?, aj saraswati puja hai, aaj holi, 1/4 of my mind always stay there.

dhobi ka kutta ban ke raha gaya hun. na asansol ka, na delhi ka.