Thursday, February 28, 2008

green signal

standing on the road as the traffic zips past. at any given moment if i raise my eyes i can make eye contact with 50 men around me. they are there. scrutinising me. at any fraction of a second if you count there must be atleast 100 men looking at me from 100 diferent angles. scanning every part of me. from head to toe. their eyes crawling on me. not an inch of me is beyond them. it's an ordeal to stand on the road waiting. ask any woman of delhi. if you dont look at them and acknowledge their presence, they'll honk just when they pass by you. who do they think they are? george clooney or what, that the moment i set my eyes on him i would jump in his car/bike/truck or whatever he is driving.

2 comments:

Musings said...

The worst I've experienced those days were balding men with their wife & kids in the car making obvious passes & the best I saw a young woman sporting a smart t-shirt saying," I can see through you - the little BASTARD that you are!"

M said...

Ha ha ha, been there but normally it ends up with the guy usually picking up pieces of their vehicle. Who can blame them, after looking at my soft lucious hair and my size zero figure, my beard does tend to give a shock similar to electricution.