Sunday, February 3, 2008

nancy drew can screw

your mind, i mean. if you have read her in school, you know what exactly i mean. well, while reading her adventures, it seemed she had the most happening life. thankfully the delusion lasted through 5th and 6th standard only. and i realised that Drew never did any investigation proactively. things just happened to fall in place, as per her convenience.
but Drew didnt vanish from my life without taking a toll on me. i thought i too should investigate the happenings around me. so my adventures began.
in my school there was this big glass and wood almirah which housed all the shields and trophies our school had won in inter-school competitions. just behind the almirah was a door. it was only visible when you stood at an angle from the almirah. between the almirah and the door, there was just enough space for a person to slide in. that is where my imagination took flight. there's a secret door leading to a room where the convent hides all the black money. i will bring it to light. over the next few weeks i kept an eye on the door. nothing much yielded. one day when the corridor seemed a bit deserted, i slid behind the door. my heart was beating in my mouth. i turned the knob of the door. it swung on its hinges. inside was a washroom. washroom?!!!
chaste and virtuous that the nuns were, their washroom in the school permises was also hidden away. so that no-one could know what business they are about when they answer the nature's call, and imagine them in a position doing the same. i guess so.
anyways, personally i moved on to sherlock holmes. and was never ambitious enough to emulate his doings.

1 comment:

divya said...

Well! That's the power of books. They don't always make you smart. Enid Blyton made me believe boarding schools were full of fun tilll I actually visited one